The FR520 Ribbon Fire is part of our Spirit range of ribbon gas fires manufactured in the UK at the CVO factory. The gas burner has a dancing ribbon of flame. The FR520 Ribbon gas fire is available with a black interior and either clean flame or add logs or pebbles. The fire is operated by an RF remote system with a handset. The remote is programmable and includes a thermostat to control room temperature. The FR520 is CE approved for Natural Gas and is available for all European Countries. The fire can be used with any existing chimney, precast flue or with a 125mm flue liner. No air vent required. See technical drawings. To discuss installation requirements call sales on 01325-301020. This is a budget ribbon gas fire with a basic design and specification, the fire comes with a black enclosure and a black trim, the trim must be used. For other fireplace options and finishes look up the Essence ribbon fire on the web site.
FASCIA: The fascia is part of the fire and is available in black only.
BURNER: The gas burner is currently only available for natural gas.
POWER RATING: Natural Gas: 5.7Kw [25p per hour (ON FULL)], Flow Rate: 0.70m3/Hour
DIMENSIONS: See attached technical PDF specification. Letterbox (opening) size: 517mm x 270mm. Overall fascia size: 657mm x 405mm. Depth 315mm
OTHER TECHNICAL INFORMATION:
- CERAMICS: Choose from either a clean ribbon of flame, logs or pebbles.
- IGNITION: The fire is operated by a RF (radio frequency) battery powered remote system with handset. A mains power pack is available as an upgrade. The batteries have a life of 12 months or greater depending on usage. High quality batteries should be used. The handset shows the condition of the batteries in the handset and also the fire. The remote includes a thermostat to regulate the room temperature.
- CHIMNEY or FLUE SYSTEM:
- The minimum requirement is a 125mm x 3m length flue liner; the fire can also be fitted into a class1, class 2 or precast chimney with a minimum length of 3m.
- There is an optional gather available to join the enclosure to a flue liner. This must be ordered with the fire and must be used if a flue liner is being used.
- PIPE WORK:
- The fire has a power rating of 5.7kw and requires an 8mm gas inlet.
- The flow rate on full is 0.7m3 per hour, the pipework to the fire must be capable of supplying a steady inlet pressure and should be routed using at least 22mm pipes reducing to 8mm at the fire.
- The pipework should be routed to ensure no pressure drop when other gas appliances in the home are being used.
- GLASS: There is a small glass slip at the top of the enclosure, this is fitted at the factory and is required for the fire to function safely.
- SAFETY: Tested to the latest CE safety standard. Fitted with ODS (Oxygen Depletion System) safety system which monitors oxygen levels in the room and shuts off the fire should the chimney be blocked. o It is advised that when operating the appliance in a room where children or elderly people will be present that a fireguard should be used. These are available from our web store.
- VENTILATION : The fire is tested to the latest CE standard and has been certified so that no ventilation (or air vent) is required for the fire to operate.
- Tech A
Saving No Manufacturer SPIRIT FIRE Fuel Type Natural Gas (All European Countries) Appliance Type Chimney Fire with Ribbon of Flame Control System RF Remote Control with Thermostat. Operated by Hand Set. (Uses AA batteries). Countries AT, BE, CH, CZ, DE, DK, ES, FI, FR, GB, GR, IE, IT, LU, MT, NL, NO, PT, SE, Efficiency Rating 50% Heat Input (kW) 5.7Kw High, 3.0Kw Low Heat Output (kW) 2.9Kw, 1.5Kw Low Running Costs 14p to 26p per hour (Low to High Setting) (Based on Natural Gas @ 4.5p/kW/hr) Flue System Required Minimum: Natural Gas 125mm x 3m or conventional Class 2 or Class 1 brick built chimney. Air Vent Required NO AIR VENT REQUIRED Specification Sheet (PDF) #1 PDF Specification Sheet - click here Specification Sheet (PDF) #2 No Specification Sheet (PDF) #3 No Specification Sheet (PDF) #4 No Installation By Gas Safe Registered Engineer Dimensions No Special Comments Please read technical PDF in full as it gives extra information required for installation. If in doubt about any aspect of this fire or how it is installed please call our technical sales team on 01325-301020 during office hours or email using the contact button below.